Website Hampton Inn Western Avenue
Are you someone that has an eye for detail and delivers first class service? We are currently looking for an Assistant General Manager that has strong guest service skills and is passionate about hospitality that can manage a busy front office department at the Hampton Inn Western Avenue.
The Assistant General Manager will possess extensive knowledge of hotel operations, a positive attitude, and provide support to the General Manager. The AGM will manage all Front Office operations to include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check in/check out), room availability, guest service standards and initiative, systems use and management, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department. Receives, records, and acts on guest complaints and grievances, as well as compliments.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in directing and overseeing all operational activities and departments in the hotel to maximize revenue and deliver a positive experience and exceptional customer service for guests. Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest’s service expectations.
- Ability to perform all Front Office duties to include: Front Desk, Sales and Accounting functions. Basic knowledge of how to solve Front Office equipment problems and/or who to contact for resolution. Be readily available and approachable for all guests. Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Assist supervisors in understanding associates ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceed them. Set clear expectations for team members. Communicate all goals and results with associates.
- Create a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing exceptional service.
- Lead by example by demonstrating high energy and enthusiasm. Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and associate related concerns. Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs. Conduct monthly reward and recognition meeting celebrating goal and associate achievements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Hotel Management, General Business or Marketing degree preferred
- Six months to one-year hotel experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and financial matters and information related to the property, owners, partners, guest, associates
- Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with hotel guest and company associates
- Have a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekend shifts
- Ability to train all employees on every aspect of their shifts and job requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org