Website Homewood Suites Albany
Are you a manager, shift manager or supervisor in a retail, restaurant or non-hospitality field that has thought about hotel management as your next career? If you are someone that has an eye for detail and wants to deliver first class guest services, our Guest Service Manager position is the perfect entry level hotel management position for your talent to shine through and elevate your career. Your role is key to the successful training of your Front Desk Associates/ Supervisors and the overall experience the guest will have. You understand that strong communication and timely reporting to keep departments informed enables smooth operations.
As a Full-Time Employee, you will receive the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off – Holiday, Vacation and Sick Days
- Great Benefits including Medical and Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Program
- Hilton and Turf Hotel Employee Room Night Discounts
As the Guest Service Manager, you will be responsible for giving our guests the best hospitality experience. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist AGM in interviewing and training team members
- Manages and monitors activities of all employees in the Front Office department, making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed
- Maintains a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment
- Acts as Manager on Duty for the hotel, using problem solving skills to take care of complaints, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise
- Informs all front office staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals, as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate
- Works closely with the housekeeping and maintenance departments to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication
- Adheres to bank records, account receivables/payables and other procedures to ensure accurate and timely collections
- Responsible for department payroll administration.
- Conduct all department performance appraisals.
- Participate in department expense and labor budgeting preparation.
- Schedule personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing with approval from Area GM or AGM
- Holds monthly departmental meetings, and morning huddles to keep staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing standards of excellence and promoting a formidable team atmosphere and culture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of 1 year experience in a management or supervisory experience. Hotel level front office experience is preferred.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A high school education or equivalent is required, with one to two years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or other customer-related position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: You must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills. The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected. You must also be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and cash register operation knowledge is expected.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com